The last few months have been jam packed at Booodl: a new website, major app updates and a whole new look. But we made it! Today is the day we officially
launch to the world. Well, Australia. World comes next.
We’ve made lots of improvements to the app for launch, and we’ve also made some of the features available on the web, so now you can shop local across multiple devices! If you enter the product you want on the Booodl homepage, and the location in which you’d like to get it, you’ll be able to see nearby stores that sell it. However, if you want to message stores and receive notifications you’ll need to do so via the app.
We’ll kick off with our latest video. We hope you likey.
Our new look
Why the refresh? We took some time as a team to figure out who we are as a brand and what we believe in. The verdict: we’re a curious, collaborative and creative bunch from the land down under, dedicated to building the best local shopping app in the world (more on that here). We love delightfully simple tech that makes life easier. Oh, and we have fun on the way – a non negotiable. We wanted colours that reflected that, which brings us to these lovely additions:
You’ll notice them on our brand new website, in the app and in all the comms we send your way. We hope you like them as much as we do.
- Add to your List – We improved the way you search and add products to your list. Give it a go.
- Favourites – You can now store your favourite brands and categories to get better suggestions tailored just for you.
- Big Fixes: A few pesky crash issues have been dealt with, layout improvements were made, and on-boarding issues were fixed.
- iPad Support – Yep, you can now use Booodl on your iPad and iPad Pro (your list will appear on all devices if you use the same account).
- 3D Touch – This feature, one of Apple’s latest, is amazing. With one touch from your homescreen you can now get to stores immediately around you, your list, the product check-in screen and store messages.
More than 15,000 physical retail stores (and over one million products) can be discovered at launch! We’re expanding this number every single day to make sure that wherever you are in Australia, we can help you find and buy from nearby stores that sell what you want.
How can you help?
We’re ready to start spreading the word far and wide. Here’s how you can help us out:
- Spread the love on social – Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and share our launch announcement. Also, if you know someone who will need a little help shopping this Christmas let them know about Booodl.
- Play with the updated app – Give it a go! Add products, chat with stores and share any feedback you have with us at email@example.com.
- Create your Christmas shopping list: We did a little research and found that Aussies waste a whopping 68 million hours at Christmas trying to find stores that sell what they want. So create your list on Booodl this Chrissy and rest assured knowing we’ll notify you when anything you want is sold nearby.
That’s all for now. Let us know what you think in the comments.